ADVANCED WILDERNESS FIRST AID
Advanced Wilderness First Aid
Advanced wilderness first aid is not your ordinary first aid course. It addresses the specific needs of those who work or play outdoors or far away from medical facilities where resources may be less than adequate and evacuation to a hospital is expected to be delayed. This course teaches students how to manage medical or trauma emergencies while waiting and preparing for professional responders to arrive by land or air.
With a major focus on treatment and dealing with physical and environmental challenges when accidents occur in remote areas. Multiple practical and realistic scenarios prepare students for emergency situations that involve prolonged patient care, severe environments with minimum or even improvised equipment at their disposal.
As 50% of this course occurs in the outdoor environment the practical exercises are made to be very realistic and has an element of fun with a touch of physical exertion.
Duration of course:
This is a 4 day (32-hour) course that is split over 2 sessions of 2 days each.
Who should attend?
Professional field guides, educators, Desert hotels and resorts & the hard core outdoorsman
What will you learn in this course?
- What physical challenges are expected when accidents occur in remote areas.
- What actions to be taken for an Ill or Injured patient whose condition is worsening while waiting for medical help.
- How to ensure your own safety, the patient’s safety, and those in close vicinity.
- How to manage and treat an injured person due to a medical or trauma incident.
- How to deal with conscious and unconscious patients
- How to identify a patient in shock and what treatment to provide
- Dealing with environmental challenges
- How to treat animal bites and stings
- How to splint open or closed fractures
- Wound management, managing burns & bleeding control.
- Managing of heat and cold emergencies
- Immobilization of a patient with a suspected head or spinal injury
- How to safely move an ill or Injured patient with less equipment
- Management of a patient having a heart attack or in cardiac arrest
- This course is very interactive and includes many practical scenario’s and forces students how to improvise and
- work as a team.
- Includes discussions on.
- Altitude sickness
- Administering oxygen to a patient
- Maternity emergencies
- And much more………
Advanced First Aid Training
Students MUST complete an online theoretical session in their own time prior to the course commencing, with practical exercises completed during the course.
With this course students are required to complete a theoretical test as well as a practical evaluation.
Requirements for attending the course:
This course requires one month advanced booking for students to review learning materials before attending the actual course.
The course is physical and requires students to be in good physical condition.
Accreditation & Recognition
ECSI is an internationally accredited Wilderness first aid body. ECSI courses are offered in association with the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and the American College of Emergency Physicians, who are two of the most renowned medical training organizations in the world.
ECSI is a leading international Wilderness first aid accreditation body
Please contact us for information.
Our Instructors all have many years’ experience as trainers in the UAE and abroad and most are veteran Paramedics and Nurses with years of knowledge and international experience.
Accredited First Aid
At First Responder Training we are committed in providing you with excellent service and the best material available while international accredited and approved by UAE authorities.
SUN – THURS 08:00 – 16:00FRIDAY By AppointmentSATURDAY08:00 – 16:00