BASIC WILDERNESS FIRST AID
Basic Wilderness First Aid
Prepare for the unexpected with this fun, hands-on introduction to wilderness first aid, taught over 2 days (16 hours). If you enjoy the outdoors, take short trips over weekends, work at wilderness camps, drive in the desert regularly or just enjoying family outdoor activities, this course is for you.
This course is great for people of all experience levels. It is best suited for those who spend time outdoors where emergency medical services response times cannot be expected in a timely manner.
Who should attend?
For those who work and play outdoors.
This is a 2 day course – 16 hours
What you will learn
- The course focus is on the treatment and physical challenges when accidents or emergencies occur in remote areas.
- Managing medical & trauma emergencies, while assistance is delayed.
- How to ensure your own safety, the patient’s safety, and those in close vicinity.
- How to assess and manage a conscious and unconscious patient
- How to identify a patient in shock and what treatment to provide
- Dealing with environmental challenges
- Treatment of animal bites and stings
- How to splint open or closed fractures
- Wound management & dealing with minor to severe bleeding
- Immobilization of a patient with a suspected head or spinal Injury
- Management of a patient having a heart attack or in cardiac arrest
- This course is very interactive and includes many practical scenario’s
- How to improvise with less equipment
- How to work as a team.
- Includes discussions on.
- Administering oxygen to a patient
- Maternity emergencies
- And much more………
Advanced First Aid Training
As a requirement for this course, students will complete the online theoretical session of the course in their own time with practical exercises during the course.
With the Wilderness training course students are required to complete a theoretical test as well as a practical evaluation.
Requirements for attending the course:
This course requires one month advance booking for students to review learning materials before attending the actual course and student must have a fair level of fitness.
Different venues can be used for this type of training.
Accreditation & Recognition
ECSI is an internationally accredited Wilderness first aid body. ECSI courses are offered in association with the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and the American College of Emergency Physicians, who are some of the most renowned medical training organizations in the world.
ECSI is a leading international Wilderness first aid accreditation body
Please contact us for information.
Our Instructors all have many years’ experience as trainers in the UAE and abroad and most are veteran Paramedics and Nurses with years of knowledge and international experience.
Accredited First Aid
At First Responder Training we are committed in providing you with excellent service and the best material available while international accredited and approved by UAE authorities.
SUN – THURS 08:00 – 16:00FRIDAY By AppointmentSATURDAY08:00 – 16:00